Conveyor Belt Safety Systems - BeltGrab
BeltGrab makes your conveyor installation a safer place to work, minimizing downtime in the event of a belt snap or belt separation.
Benefits of using BeltGrab
- BeltGrab is non invasive & cannot cause damage to the belt during operation.
- Attached to the main structure, out of the way and easy to install.
- BeltGrab's are installed for life, are economical, and will not require maintenance unless they have been triggered.
- Each installation is supplied with a set of spares in the event BeltGrab is triggered.
- BeltGrab may also be used as a belt clamping device during splicing.
How does BeltGrab work?
(A)There are three friction surfaces- one above and two below;
The top roller, fitted with a high friction surface covering, runs continuously on the belt, exerting downward pressure via (B) powerful internal preloaded torsion bars, the smallest of which can exert down force of 4400N and the largest 25000N depending on belt size and load requirements;
(C) The lower contact surfaces have a high friction covering to ensure that the belt is securely trapped;
- For as long as the belt has tension, the belt will remain raised above the two lower grabbing surfaces (no more than 30mm);
- The moment the belt loses tension the torsioned upper roller immediately pushes the belt onto the lower non rotating surfaces & the belt is trapped between the upper roller and two lower surfaces;
- The belt cannot run back through the tensioning and drive pulleys saving downtime, preventing damage to structure and most importantly, preventing injury to nearby workers;
- The belt may then be rejoined using the BeltGrab as a clamping aid and safety device.
TIS is a manufacturer and an agent of the BeltGrab product.